River’s Edge Wilderness Camping offers camping sites in an extraordinary wilderness setting close to a World Heritage Area on the banks of the Russell River at Lonnavale, in southern Tasmania. You’ll be enchanted by the serenity of the location off the tourist route, yet be accessible to everything your heart could desire.
A stunning camping and leisure environment where you can get away from your busy life, and breathe for a few days. Private sites cater for anything from a single tent up to multiple tents, RVs or vans, and are spread out over a kilometre of river frontage.
The camping ground is close to many extraordinary natural and cultural attractions in the Huon Valley and the southernmost parts of Tasmania, from mountain climbing and whitewater rafting to meandering through art galleries and antique shops.
Stay put and play on site. Romance your loved one, listen to music, take some photographs of the night sky, bond with your family, swim, fish, play disc golf, cricket and kick a ball, walk and run. Relax, snooze, talk by the campfire. River’s Edge has it all.
TODAY TRUDI AND MALCOLM’S COMMITMENT IS TO PROVIDE EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE, INCLUDING:
- making customers feel welcome and comfortable
- always providing helpful and accurate information
- ensuring safety of customers and visitors through appropriate traffic management and other risk management strategies
- doing everything within their powers to assist customers with any special needs
- welcoming feedback and complaints as a positive contribution to continuous improvement
- providing consistently excellent service to all customers and visitors, including across repeat visits
- dealing fairly and consistently with cancellations
River’s Edge Wilderness Camping warmly welcomes overnight campers but encourages you to stay awhile, explore the region, and relax on site where there’s lots of quiet enjoyment to be had.
FACILITIES & FEATURES
Large spacious sites
Firewood available to purchase
Wood heated lounge area
Toilet & shower facilities
Bottled drinking water available to purchase
6 hole disc golf course
Open grass forCricket
Fire pots at every site
Powered & non powered sites